Nourishing Body Image Awards {Call for Nominations}

December 14, 2010 44 Comments by Ashley @ Nourishing the Soul

NTS_Award

I am thrilled to announce that Nourishing the Soul will be delivering it’s very own Nourishing Body Image Awards! These awards are designed to honor those individuals and organizations that make a difference in enhancing the way that each of looks at our bodies, minds, and souls.

Body image encompasses so much more than how happy or sad we are about how our body looks. It encapsulates too the ways in which we feed ourselves, heal ourselves, communicate with ourselves, and deliver our gifts unto the world. I am certain that we can each think of at least person, message, group, etc. that has assisted in enhancing those aspects of our lives in 2010.

And the things that enhance our body image deserve to be rewarded! We’re bombarded with body-hating messages every day. It’s time we spotlighted the messages that help us shine.

This post serves as a call for nominations. Please nominate those people, things, and ideas that have had a special impact on you over the past year. Here are the categories:

Best Body Image Blogger

Best Body Image Website

Most Body Positive Television Show, Movie, or Documentary

Most Body Positive Magazine

Most Body Positive Advertising Campaign (or single advertisement)

Best Body Image Post or Article

Best Body Image Boosting Organization

Most Body Loving Company

Best Body Positive Photo or Image

Most Body Positive Celebrity

Other

Alright people, start nominating! You can nominate for every category and can nominate as many people, groups, etc. as you wish. And you can nominate something fantastic you did as well (I adore self-promotion!). Winners will have the opportunity to display this very special badge above on their site (if applicable).

It would be wonderful if you could make each a separate comment. Or email me a list at nourishingthesoulblog@gmail.com. The awards will be announced Monday, January 10th. Nominations are due by Wednesday, January 2nd.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

p.s. Please, please share this post and spread the call for nominations. Link to it via twitter, facebook, or in a post. Let’s spread the body love!

1. Christie, The Abundant Self Care Coach

What a great idea Ashley!! I’ll be thinking on this and get back to you!
    Christie, The Abundant Self Care Coach recently posted..A Celebration Giveaway

2. Alexandra

I want to nominate Caitlin Boyle and Operation Beautiful for Best Body Image Blogger, Organization, and Website

3. Jules - Big Girl Bombshell

Awesome..awesome..awesome idea….This will take some thought……but well worth it!

4. Taryn

I would like to nominate Katie at Health for the Whole Self for best body image blogger.

5. Taryn

Aaaand I would like to nominate Weightless @ Psychcentral.org for best body image website.

6. Zoeyjane

I’d like to nominate the Blogger Body Calendar for Best Photo/website (whatever’s applicable, there), and if I can nominate this post that I wrote for best post, it would be lovely.
    Zoeyjane recently posted..The hours after

7. Sarah

I second Taryn and would like to nominate Katie at Health For the Whole Self for best body image blogger :)

8. kell

I am with Alexandra in voting for Caitlin Boyle as best body image blogger and website! She has such a positive message and probably changed the lives of countless women and would be great if she could reach even more through this contest and your site.

9. Courtney

I’d nominate Angela from Oh She Glows for best body image blogger/website. The TV and magazine questions are tough to answer because I really try to avoid that stuff (not good for me!) and the rest I’d have to give more thought.

10. carlene

Best body image blogger: Elizabeth at guiltless!

11. Julie

What a lovely idea. I will email you – much easier than a separate comment for each!

12. Carmen Cool

I nominate Boulder Youth Body Alliance for best organization – teens empowering each other love their bodies, love themselves, and change the world!

13. kelly

Not sure who to vote but I guess I will be back with some nominations!

14. Tommy D

I would like to nominate Guiltless for both the Best Body Image Website, and Best Body Image Blogger. The ladies at Guiltless do an amazing job approaching body image and self-love from a wonderfully different perspective. I am hooked on Guiltless!!

15. Alex Baker

I would like to nominate Elizabeth Patch for Best Body Image Blogger for her constantly upbeat, affirmative and insightful Blog http://elizabethpatch.com/

16. Alex Baker

I would also like to nominate Elizabeth Patch for her lovely website/Blog for Best Body Image Website since, it’s really both a website and a blog (arg, how do I decide?) http://elizabethpatch.com/

17. Sarah

I’d like to nominate Sam Beau Patrick and her website http://www.byebyebridget.com for best body image website

18. Sarah

I’d also like to nominate Sam Beau Patrick and her website http://byebyebridget.com/ for best body image blogger

19. sharyn rohlfsen

In the Best Body Image Blogger category I nominate Dr. Dana Udall-Weiner (The Body and the Brood) for her spot-on takes on the way celebrity body images affect women of all ages and for her courageous decision to reveal her own past eating disorder. She knows whereof she speaks!

For best body image blogger, I’d vote for Kate at Eat the Damn Cake.
    Dana Udall-Weiner recently posted..Which Celebrities Make you Feel Good about your Body

For best body image website, I’d vote for Medicinal Marzipan, although this might be more applicable for the blogger category (for Mara).

For best post, I’d like to nominate a piece I wrote called My Very Own Dakota Fanning, http://bodyandbrood.com/2010/10/15/my-very-own-dakota-fanning/.

23. Felicia

Best body image website – http://www.goddess-body-mind-spirit.com/Goddess-blog.html

Should’ve listed websites with my votes: http://www.eatthedamncake.com/ and http://www.medicinalmarzipan.com/

Thanks!

25. DG

I want to nominate iamguiltless.com for Best Body Image Blogger and Best Body Image Website!!

26. Lee Lichtnauer

Hi, I’d like to nominate Michelle McGrath’s lovely Sacred Self website and and her self-love tips on its facebook page for Most Body Loving Company and Best Body Image Blogger

Michelle brings inspiration of how people can better see themselves to bring more self-awareness and love – who doesn’t need that. Just lovely! I hope she wins!!!

Many thanks

27. Walking Meditation

I like the blog site layout ! How did you make it!? It’s really good.

28. Ramona Reid

December 17, 2010 at 9:26 am

29. Nicole

I would love to nominate Michelle McGrath from “Sacred Self – self-love tips” at http://www.sacredself.com.au for promoting self-love and positive self-esteem….she ROCKS!!!

30. Belinda

Sacred Self developed by the amazing Michelle McGrath should most definitely be up for awards for Best Body Image Blogger/Website. Not only are the products amazing the inspirational messages, dedication and encouragement Michelle delivers is truly inspiring. Good luck Michelle, you deserve an award or two.

31. Katie

Hands down best body image blogger is MamaV – Heather Blessington.

32. Elaine Maly

Best Body Image Blog: WeAreTheRealDeal

33. Elaine Maly

Best Body Image Blogger: mamaV

34. Diane

Best Body Image Blog-WeAreTheRealDeal.com

35. Diane

Best Body Image Blogger-mamaV (aka Heather Blessington)

36. maureen

I nominate mama v

37. Jen

“Best Body Image Blogger” = mamaV (aka Heather Blessington)

38. Frank Boffa

It’s all about Self Love really…. Michelle McGrath’s “Sacred Self – self-love tips” would be my nomination also.

39. Rishaan

Nominate Michelle Marie McGrath for promoting self-love and positive self-esteem!!
    Sacred Self – self-love tips – http://www.sacredself.com.au

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/l/36d92dbcP1dIBkElMQ6Qmy0Nmgw#!/SacredSelf

You’re awesome Michelle!

40. this domain
    3 weeks ago

Hi to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this web page, and your views are pleasant in support of new users.
    this domain recently posted..this domain

3 Trackbacks

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Project Swole, A Beeston and tryingtogetfitt, Evelyn Parham. Evelyn Parham said: RT @nourishthesoul Nourishing Body Image Awards {Call for Nominations}: I am thrilled to announce… http://bit.ly/f5RRp8 #health #diet [...]

2. [...] body image after reading a post by Ashley at Nourishing the Soul.  Ashley has just announced that she is taking nominations for websites, bloggers, organizations, and celebrities who promote good body image (which is a [...]

3. [...] body image after reading a post by Ashley at Nourishing the Soul.  Ashley has just announced that she is taking nominations for websites, bloggers, organizations, and celebrities who promote good body image (which is a [...]