A dose of humor — how did readers get here?
Now that Nourishing the Soul has been alive and well for over two years (two years!), I’ve had the chance to look back at some of the more… let’s say, interesting, ways that people ended up at this site. Some of you came here because you read a guest post of mine elsewhere, or through the lovely recommendation of a fellow blogger, or because someone on facebook recommended NTS.
But some of you apparently arrived through good old google. And, based on the search terms I’ve checked out, not everyone likely intended to be here. Just for laughs today (or bemoaned sighs, in some cases), I thought it would be fun to share some of the search terms used that led people to this site. Here are the top ten that made me go, huh?
- what souls you eat to lose weight – Um, no one’s eating any souls around here. I’m wondering if this person was on his iPhone and it auto-corrected souls. Regadless, no weight loss advice around here, that’s for sure.
- Missing the point – I think you’re missing the point. Wait, what’s the point again?
- “did you like the sauna”—The quotations marks were not added, by the way. I did enjoy the sauna, thanks for asking. Not sure what that has to do with this website, but…
- Girls changing bras – Alright, there had to be at least one, right? Actually, there were many. The search terms used where people ended up at sexualization of little girls post made me realize how important it was to write in the first place.
- Keep your cup full – Not sure if this is a glass half-full kind of reference or what. But yes, always keep that cup full. You heard it here first.
- Hot fat girls – This one just made me smile. I’m glad someone’s googling it.
- Strategy of asserting my independence –Ditto to remark above. I hope this person found the strategy here!
- Peas – And that’s all she wrote. Hmmm….
- how to help my wife who hates her body – Again, super glad this one was searched. And I know the post it turned up – this one. And I’m glad someone found it, as much as reading that really breaks my heart.
- pregnant skirt – Pretty sure this isn’t a pregnancy or fashion blog, so this person probably didn’t find what they were looking for.
- is it okay to eat dessert? –I hate that this is even asked! But, I’m grateful to be able to reply, whole-heartedly, YES!
If you’re a blogger, have you ever found interesting search terms that led others to your site?